A Letter to My Future Self

My Future Self




Dear future self,

    I want you to stop what you're doing, go outdoors, breathe deeply, look at the leaves on the ground, and on this gloomy day, smile and be grateful for everything you have. Close your eyes and go back to your ideas, dreams, and desires from 10 years ago as you take a vacation from your current life and enter your younger self. With the life you are now leading, I hope you are content and truly fulfilled. I want you to be happy, loving, and proud of the life you lead.

    I wish you had discovered your boundaries, how to stop caring about what other people think of you, and how to learn to accept yourself regardless of how you look or how tall or short you are. Be proud of who you are as a person, of who you have changed into, and of everything that you have accomplished here so far. And always keep in mind that even if it doesn't feel like you are making progress or like you have not yet done anything at all, there is always opportunity for growth and movement in even the smallest of your actions. Finally, I want to wish you happiness.

Comments